No announcement yet.

Directv R-10 TiVo.....Still available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv R-10 TiVo.....Still available?

Following up on my post last month about my Samsung Directv TiVo unit dying and choosing to replace it with an R-15 Directv DVR......I called Directv today hoping to exchange the R-15 for a TiVo unit and was told that what I'd get would be another R-15 but with TiVo software. The Directv rep claimed that this is now the only option if one wants to lease a TiVo unit from them. Also was told that the remote provided would be the standard R-15 remote which would not be completely compatible with all TiVo functions! I pointed out to the rep that when I was offered the TiVo/Directv DVR option when the Samsung died, no negative aspects to staying with TiVo were mentioned.

Does anyone know if the R-10 TiVo unit is still available from Directv on a lease basis? I've read the blog on the R-10/R-15 situation but didn't see anything recent on it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The use of the brand name "TiVo" by the Directv rep would, in this case, be completely inappropriate. The R-15 does not have TiVo software, nor can you either buy or lease a TiVo directly through Directv anymore.

However...

WeaKnees still has stock of new and refurbished standard definition TiVo dvrs as well as refurbished high definition TiVo dvrs. Functionally, the R10 you know and love is identical to the models we still have in stock, available here:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-tivo.php
    Last edited by WK-Jason; 07-11-2007, 09:41 AM.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
    X