Moving HD from Series 1 to Series 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving HD from Series 1 to Series 2

The power supply went out in my Series 1 Hughes GXCEBOT. I would like to move the HD from the GXCEBOT to my Series 2 Hughes HDVR2 since it is bigger.
    What do I need to do to make this work?
    Do I just do a clear and delete? If so, what is the process to do this?

You would need to completely reformat the hard drive in Linux with the correct OS for your HDVR2.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Having issues

I am going by the Hinsdale How-to Tivo upgrade and having some issues...

First off, when I connect my Maxtor Series 2 HDD to my Secondary IDE as a master it doesn't recognize it and doesn't recognize the CR-ROM either. Since I was unsuccessful connecting the Maxtor HDD to the secondary IDE, I tried it as a slave on the Primary with success. I also made a backup image on my C: drive.

My computer has a master and slave drive on the Primary IDE. If I try to connect my larger Samsung HDD (from the series 1) to the Primary Slave, it only reads 33820MB instead of 120000MB. Changing the settings from Auto to None doesn't change the results. However, I found that it did read 120000MB when connected as the Master and had no slave connected. I tried connecting my computer slave HDD with my Samsung HDD and it didn't recognize my computer HDD. Since my backup file is on the computer's primary master, I need the Samsung HDD to act as a slave.

Any idea on how to get the Samsung HDD to work as a slave and read the full 120000MB?
      Any other suggestions?

Samsung HDD model: SV1204H

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X