Daytime syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytime syndrome

This is my third post in the last week. I am grateful for folks comments- but it seems as I get one thing fixed, something else goes wrong.

I posted this problem with my tuner several days ago:

http://www.wkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850

So based on advice, I purchased a new refurb tuner from WK (Phillips 704) and set it up. Everything worked perfect for two days.

Now I have a "daytime syndrome" where I cannot get a signal during the daytime.

Seems that my signal on at least one LN goes out about 9am and stays out all day. Then miraculously comes back on about 5pm.

Diagnostics show this:

After a hard re-boot:

Almost all the even transponders work fine. About 25% of the odd transponders get a signal.

A statelight check gives me:

Ln 1: 101 degree (a)- ok
    Ln 2: 101 degree (b)-ok

System Test:

Sat Ln Signal 1- 0%
    Sat Ln Signal 2-0%

Access card-ok
    Receiver ID- ok

If tonight is any indicator of the past, about 5 I will start to get signals back and by 6 or 7pm- everything will be fine. Programing and signal are then perfect until about 9am the next morning (I can by the fact things also record during the middle of the night and early morning)- but stop around 9am.

My other 2 TVs that only have basic receivers in other rooms work fine. Just my upstairs TV which has the dual line, TIVO recorder on it is having the daytime syndrome.

Hmm. It's possible that your TiVo is, what we in the business call, a "Vampire." Be very, very careful. Here's what you'll need to do: Go get some holy water, a necklace made out of garlic, a crucifix...

Okay...I'm just kidding. But that's a really weird problem. I'm going to have to do some digging around and see if I can figure anything out on this one...
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Vampires again

Just to confirm- same thing on Monday. Out by 9am (looking for Sat LN1 OR sometimes looking for SAT LN1 & LN2).

Then starts to "find it" about 5pm.

I'lll get the holy water.

Comment

This is a very confounding issue. Our first thought here is that you're experiencing something abnormal with your power. It might be worth connecting a UPS (battery back-up) to regulate the power that unit is drawing. A DVR draws a different amount of juice than a standard receiver.

You also might want to consider connecting the TiVo in another location altogether and see if you can duplicated the problem.

In the meantime:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103893/
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
        X