HD for Directv subscribers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD for Directv subscribers

I have recently parted ways with my R15 and have gone back to my trusty R10. The reason that I gave up on the R15 was that, among many other defects too numerous to list, I could not get it to discriminate between first runs and repeats. The Directv tech support guys assure me that this is the first time they have heard of this "anomoly" and it is oddly unique to my box (and the other three 300 series replacement boxes they sent each with it's own extremely anoying problem). I would like to get an HD unit and I do not have the patience to go through more of the same. How does the HR20 stack up against the R15 with respect to the problem discriminating between repeats and first runs (as well as overall improvements)? Do I have any other Directv HD options that will allow me to get local HD programming?

Unfortunately, your HD options are not as affordable as they are in SD. New HR20 dvrs with a similar operating system to the R15 sell for about $300. If you want to go with a refurbished TiVo version, that cost is more that 4x that amount. Not to mention it won't tune in any mpeg4 programming when Directv starts broadcasting their new stations.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
    X