Modem "Negotiating"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modem "Negotiating"

I just received the new Modem Kit and connected it to my Series 1 Directv Tivo. After going through all of the setup, the modem does successfully dial but when it gets to the connecting portion of the Test Phone Connection it says "Negotiating..." and never moves from there. I have to reboot the Tivo to do anything.
    I have another Tivo usng this phone number so that is not an issue.
    In the "Set Dialing Prefix, I have entered: ,#396,,7703080629. I do not dial "1" in front of the area code here. The Set "Phone Avail." Detection and Set Dial Tone Detection are "Off".
    We do have DSL internet but I have either put a filter in the line or turned off the DSL modem.
    I do not know what else to try.

Thanks for the help.

Try listening in from another extension after the unit begins dialing. Do you hear the TiVo side answer?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I can hear the dialing and then the squeaky sound from the other end. Then the sound goes to a loud hissing and continues until I unplug the Tivo unit.

Comment

Have you tried just rebooting the TiVo and the modem?

Comment

I did reboot each of them several times during my attempts with no luck. But - last night I left it alone and this AM I looked at the System Information and saw that it had made it's first successful call in 1740 days. They're celebrating at Tivo today.

Thanks for your input on this.

Comment

OK - hopefully, that's all there is to it.

Comment

Working...
            X