TiVo can't connect for call..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo can't connect for call..

Hello, I'm hoping someone may help me resolve this problem that is driving me nuts! Recently I had a hard drive crash in my S1 Phillips TiVo SA with a lifetime sub. I pulled the bad drive and replaced it with another with a backup of an image from Sept. 2007. Everything starts up fine and I'm able to go through the menus and manually record programs and replay them.

My trouble is that I'm not able to complete a daily call to update the guide info. I have a TurboNet card installed in the box and have the dialing prefix set to ,#401 but everytime it tries to connect it gives me "Failure. Service unavailable." I'm fairly certain the card is working fine because I can still telnet into the box and it responds. I've checked the router on the network, tried using static addresses and DHCP, turned off all firewalls, and even tried hooking the box directly to the cable modem....and nothing has worked! I've even tried rebooting several times and even did the "Clear and Delete Everything" option, but that was pointless too. Can anyone offer some much appreciated advice about how to fix this problem??? Thanks!

Maybe try taking out the prefix and using a phone line.

Also, you should verify in your router's DHCP list that the TiVo is getting an address.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X