N13 error during setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N13 error during setup

I am setting up a new Series 2 DT box that I just activated and during the guided setup I cannot connect to the Internet connection. The message keeps coming up and I can't figure out how to get past it so I still have not completed the guided setup. I am using Internet connection sharing via my computer and an Ethernet cable to connect the Tivo and this is the only way I can connect it to the Internet. I know the Internet connection is reaching the Tivo, but it will not connect to it.

You aren't using a router? How do you know that your TiVo can see the internet?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I am not using a router but if I plug the Ethernet cable into my PS3 it can access the internet, then when plug it back into the Tivo it gives me an N13 error saying "Tivo serivce is not found" when I try to access the internet in Guided Setup when it asks about how to set the ip address regardless of which ip settings I use.

Comment

I really don't see how you can get to the internet that way. I would recommend trying the cable directly to a DSL router - it sure sounds like this is the problem here.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X