Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my new WK Tivo! But card problems ensue ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new WK Tivo! But card problems ensue ...

Hello Tivo fans,

We just moved, and I ditched DirecTV's nerfed Tivo so I could buy a WK Series 3 HD Value box (not the THX certified box) and hook it up to Comcast, in Washington DC.

We followed the flyer instructions on setting it up before the technician arrived. That was easy enough. Then the tech arrived with a Multistream card. We put it in the right slot, Comcast pinged the card, and things seemed to go well. I stepped throught the guided setup.

But after the technician left, I realized I was getting only three or four basic channels on cable (like CNN, but no local channels) and all other channels were black!

Is this a known issue? The card seems to be paired and working fine, diagnostic screen shows almost 100% signal from the mother ship.

What went wrong?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Andrew.

That sounds like a cable company authorization mistake. They probably activated the card, but either didn't put in on your account somehow, or didn't send it your full list of channels. They should be able to remedy that from their office without a visit.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Tivo + Comcast = Epic Fail

Eight appointments so far to hook my jacked up Series 3 HD Tivo to Comcast, and it's still not working. Three appointments were no-shows, including this morning.

On appointment #7, the tech said he found the problem and the correct channel line-up would be downloaded in a few minutes, and he ran for the door. Nope. On appointment #6, I had to stop the tech from inserting the multi-stream cable card backwards.

DirecTV is starting to look pretty good again, even though you can't do all the boss stuff with the DirecTV version of Tivo that you can do with the Series 3. However, right now, just getting the channels you're supposed to sounds really attractive.

Have any WK customers out there in the Metro DC area gotten their Tivos to work correctly on Comcast?

HAAAAALP!!

Comment

Actually, yeah, we've had several Comcast and FiOS customers in the DC area get these working just fine . . .

Comment

Ok, appointment number 10 was the charm.

Apparently, Tivo models that have card slots at the front of the machine (including the series 3) have ongoing issues accepting the first hard hit and complete channel line up from the cable company. The technician set up the card at the office before bringing them out to the site and installing it. Took all of about five minutes.

Why don't the rest of the installers know about this problem? Boggle.

Thanks, gang.

Comment

Glad to hear it's working!

Comment

Working...
            X