No Host Information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Host Information?

I am running two HD units and one Series 2 unit on a home network (Netgear WGT624 router). I have lost MRV. All settings appear to be correct. All the units are being recognized by the home network. All the units correctly access TIVo through the network. All units show the same subnet mask number. Transfer is activated on all units. MRV was working correctly until a few days ago. However, the units no longer appear under "Now Playing." When I go to advanced troubleshooting, each unit shows its own host identification, but for the other units (all of which are listed) it says: "No host information available."

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Try turning MRV off, rebooting, then turning it back on.

Comment

No change

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I tried that (and also included a connection to TiVo so that the MRV would reset), but there was no change -- the other units still do not appear in "Now Playing" and I still get the "No Host Information" message in Troubleshooting. Any other possible fix? TIA.

Comment

OK - try disabling video transfers from that unit in your account at TiVo.com, then force a connection. Then re-enable video transfers, and force another connection.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Confused

I suspect I am confused. When you said to "turn MRV off," in your first note above, I thought you meant to disable transfers at TiVo.com, etc., as suggested in your second note. Did you initially mean to disconnect the units from the wireless network, reboot the units, and then reconnect to the network? I'll try that this evening, but if you mean something else, please let me know (and thanks, as always, for the help).

John

Comment

*sigh*

Well, I have now tried both disconnecting from the network, rebooting and reconnecting, and changing MRV on Tivo.com off and on. I still have no MRV. Have I reached the end of the line??

Comment

Fixed

I tried one more thing, which I had done before, which was to reset the entire network. That did not work previously, but this time met with success, probably due to the prior reboots, etc. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X