Service Not Answering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Not Answering

I've got a Series 1 that's not connecting on the daily calls. The unit goes through the steps and I get a "service not answering" message. When I pick up another extension I hear the modem dialing and I can hear the modem connection sounds but no connection is made. I get the same result when I try to make a test call and change dial-up number.

All other features and functions are operating normally. Has the modem failed? Would a modem replacement kit fix this problem?

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks for the help.

For help with this issue, see:

http://www.weaknees.com/phone

Comment

I've read through the post and the phone troubleshooting steps as suggested. I've tried without success the steps on the phone troubleshooting page. I do not have a DirectTV setup so does the prefix issue apply? What does the #096 prefix do?

The current setup that I have has worked for years. This problem has just come up in the last few weeks. This is the reason I though this might be a hardware issue.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Yes, this is a new problem. The problem is now affecting non-DIRECTV TiVos as well. You should follow the instructions and see if it helps...it certainly should. ,#096 slows down the modem.

Comment

I had the same issues and found that if I tested the phone connection first it would complete a call after that. I have to do it every time. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X