DirecTivo rebooting every night ~ 3am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTivo rebooting every night ~ 3am

My DirecTivo (Philips DSR704) is rebooting every single night some time around 3am. Its not a huge issue except that it causes me to have to reprogram the 30 second skip every day on my remote. Any reason why its doing this and is there any way to stop it?

Oddly, I used to have to plug the unit into a phone jack about once a month to update the channel guide and would get reminded. But now my channel is now updating without a phone line and I'm not getting a message telling me that I haven't dialed-in for X days. Are channel guides being downloaded from the satellite now?

Any ideas?

Channels / guide data comes from the satellite.

You might try setting up a 24-hour recording each night for a week to determine what's going on with the rebooting.

Comment

Good news. Problem solved.

I noticed that the status of my software upgrade to 6.2a was "pending restart" or something to that effect, even though the unit was automatically restarting every night.

So I forced my DirecTivo to dial in and left the phone line connected for a few days which seemed to solve the problem. It no longer reboots every night and I don't have to reprogram my 30 second skip hack.

Comment

OK - sounds like you're all set. You should have 6.3f now.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I checked my software version and its says 6.2a (actually 6.2a-01-2-301). I connected to the DVR service again and restarted again but it still says 6.2a.

How do I force it to update to version 6.3f ?

Comment

Basically, just leave it connected to both satellite and phone, and it should do it by itself.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X