SVR 2000 Tivo and Mobile Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVR 2000 Tivo and Mobile Phone

I'm helping my daughter move into her first apartment and I'm letting her take my SVR 2000 (sob) with her. She's trying to keep costs down by using rabbitt ears (no cable) to watch TV and hopes to avoid putting in a land line phone. That leaves me wondering how to download TIVO info - is there any way to connect her cell phone to the Tivo, call up the local number and download programming information? Thanks for any help!

Nope - no way to do that, unfortunately. Without dialing in, though, that unit should still be able to record by time and date.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks. I kinds suspected that but wanted to consult someone who knew more than me. Since she's only getting over-the-air channels I think the time and date alternative should work just fine - just like the old VCR days. I just hate not putting my lifetime subscription to use - I've done a lot over the years to keep that old unit alive! But again, thanks for the info!

Comment

You should probably dial it in every six months or so somehow just to keep the lifetime subscription active.

Also, in Feb. of 2009, those over-the-air analog channels that this unit can receive are exactly the ones that will be shut off. So you may need a converter box by then.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X