new external modem not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new external modem not working

I just recieved an external modem from you, and can't seem to get it up and running. I have triple checked the wiring (maybe more). a little history for ya, This is my second Tivo unit both fell victim to power surge resulting in modem failure. On the first oneI tried to set up a wired home network but could not get it working so I have the router and usb adapter. After about 2 weeks of trying this and that and the other with no sucess. finally gave up and bought a new seriese 2dt. the new one fried and I couldnt get it to run through the router. then I discovered weaknees, bought the external modem and still nothing please help!

by that I mean that tivo is not recieving a dialtone. I connected a telephone to the line andit worked fine.

Comment

We would need more information to be able to help. What error message do you get? What are your exact dialing settings?

Comment

the code is P14
        modem is not responding
        prefix code used ,#319

Comment

the code is P14
          modem is not responding
          phone number 977-2330 (area code not used 219)
          prefix code used ,#319
          call waiting (none)
          pulse tone (tone)
          availability detection (off)
          dial tone (on)

Comment

You should turn dial tone detection off and you should try restarting/rebooting the TiVo by pulling the plug.

Comment

OK tried that still getting a P14 internal modem not responding

Comment

am i missing the instruction to use an external modem

Comment

We include instructions with all of our modem kits and you have the correct dialing prefix, so if the modem still isn't working and you are confident that you have it installed correctly (in the serial port of the TiVo, and into the correct phone jack of the modem), then you might have a rare instance in which your TiVo has problems that go beyond the modem.

Comment

thank you for your assistance but I cant get the modem to work. I was finally able to figure out the router /ethernet connection so I am up and running. I figure that Ill just use the modem to get my first Tivo working and give it to one of my kids. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                    X