TiVo HD freeze on Tivo Transfer ping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo HD freeze on Tivo Transfer ping

So I noticed something very weird the other day and have not been able to solve the issue. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue and may have a solution.

On the same subnet I have one TiVo Series3 (500GB drive upgraded by Weaknees running the latest OS version etc...) and one TiVo HD (1TB drive upgraded by Weaknees running the latest OS version etc...).

The units are able to see each other on the subnet and transfer programs between each other (except for the Showtime, HBG etc..).

When I launch the TiVo Transfer application on my laptop (Mac OSX 10.5.5) I can see both the Series3 and HD units listed. The names correspond to the names I have listed on the TiVo website and the downloading and transferring preferences are selected on.

When I select the Series3 unit I can see the list of Now Playing items in the list and can start and complete downloads at will.

Although when I select the HD unit in the list, the list stays blank as if it is searching. What has actually happenend is that the HD unit has now frozen. I have to do a hard reset (unplug) and reboot the unit to get it to work again.

The problem is that I purchased the HD unit for longer term program storage and more specifically for recording shows for offloading to my iPhone/Touch!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Are both on a wired network, or is either wireless?

Are you using the Roxio software, or something else?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Both of the TiVo's are on a wired network and the laptop is wireless. I am using Roxio software. The app is the TiVo Transfer app that came with Toast 9. The version is 1.2.1.

I have downloaded content off the Series3 many times with this setup, but this was the first time I was going to do it from the HD. Although I have successfully viewed the list off the HD without it freezing before. I can not be sure though if the TiVo OS has been updated since then.

I've reset preferences, rebooted all systems and even re-checked the TiVo web preferences.

Hmmm....

Comment

Pretty strange.

I know it might be a royal pain, but can you try moving the TiVo HD to the location of the Series3, use its connections, and try the transfer from there?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X