Dialing In Question-DirecTivo Philips Series 2 DSR7000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialing In Question-DirecTivo Philips Series 2 DSR7000

I just replaced my ailing original hard drive and upgraded to a 250Gb hard drive. Before I replaced it, the system info read DSR-704. Now it reads, DSR7000. I don't think this is a problem is it?

I spent all day yesterday trying to dial in to setup the recording function of the tivo, and never could make it work.

I am now thinking I need to replace the modem, because an older series 1 tivo i have was able to dial in using the same phone line.

My current system information now says software version 6.4a-01-2-101. Will the external modem sold at weaknees work with this particular software version?

Thanks a lot for any help.

The model number issue is just cosmetic, and is totally fine.

That's the latest software, and our external modem kit will work with it.

What error message do you get when dialing in?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I was getting a lot of 'Failed to connect', and 'line is busy'

I tried a bunch of ,,#034, and #039, and such, and never could get it to make a call.

I need to try a new modem, don't I?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by teamcowboys1 View Post
        I was getting a lot of 'Failed to connect', and 'line is busy'

I tried a bunch of ,,#034, and #039, and such, and never could get it to make a call.

I need to try a new modem, don't I?

Thanks for your help
        The correct dialing string to try is:

,#096,,XXXXXXX

Replace the Xs with your local dial in number, as you would dial it on the phone.

Turn off Phone avail and dial tone detection. Try at least several times before giving up, and if you can't get it to dial in, then I'd recommend a modem:

TiVo modem replacement

Comment

Working...
        X