Tivo with new hardrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo with new hardrive

I have 3 Tivo's. Only 2 are hooked up at a time. The one in my family room had a bad hard drive so I took the one I had stored in the closet and hooked it up instead. It worked great. I bought a new hard drive and installed in on the bad one. Once it was installed I put that one back in the family room and put the other back in the closet (the one in the closet has less storage).
    Anyways, the one I just put the new hard drive in has something wrong. It shows me the programs on my computer. It connects to Tivo using the network. The one in the bedroom can see the one in the family room and shows me what's on it, but the one in the family room with the new drive can't see the one in the bedroom even though it can see my computer and use the network to connect to Tivo.
    I hope this made sense..any suggestions?

There are a list of good TiVo network troubleshooting steps here:

http://www.tivopedia.com/tivo-networ...leshooting.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I got them to "see" each other now. Both show what programs are on the other and my computer, but when I try to transfer a movie from the bedroom one to the one in the family room with the new hardrive the "please wait" comes up and stays there. I end up having to restart it.
      Could this be because this Tivo has been stored for a year and doesn't have updates?
      The two Tivo's started seeing each other after I had the new one connect to tivo last night for an update.
      It worked when it went into the closet. The hard drive was just going bad

Comment

That may be a bad hard drive in the older unit. But try an OS update and see what you get.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X