Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem transferring between two Series 2 TiVos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem transferring between two Series 2 TiVos.

So, a few weeks ago, my Living Room TiVo's hard disk died. No problem. Contact WeaKnees and order another one. Replaced the drive and back in business for recordings.

What I'm having problems with is transferring recordings between the Bedroom TiVo and the Living Room TiVo. I've tried rebooting. I've tried the turn off transfers, connect, turn on transfers thing. So far, nothing has succeeded. Most transfers from Bedroom to Living Room transfer partway, then die. Living Room (192.168.1.100) is wired to LinkSys SRX200. Bedroom (192.168.1.101) is using a TiVo wireless adapter. This was working flawlessly before the hard drive died. I can't see why replacing the hard disk would cause this problem. Firmware in the SRX200 has been updated to the latest version.

Any ideas what I should try next?

-p

This isn't drive-related, I don't think. Do the transfers the other way (LR to Bedroom) also fail? If you switch the locations of the TiVos (make the LR wireless and the BR wired), does that change anything?

Comment

LR -> BR has worked in limited fashion -- It transferred a 30 minute program with no issues. I hadn't tried much in that direction -- for one thing, initially, there weren't any programs to transfer (seeing as how the drive was replaced).

I will try LR -> BR transfers this evening and see if that works. Or maybe switching the two TiVos.

Thanks.

Comment

OK, transfers do seem to be consistently working from the LR to the Bedroom. They are failing in the other direction.

Comment

Have you tried switching the locations of the units?
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Not yet. The TiVos were busy recording stuff last night. I think I have an opening tonight to try that.

Comment

That's the best test. If the problem follows the location, it's likely your network. If the problem follows the unit, then it may, in fact, be a bad drive in that unit.
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Turns out, the problem is somewhere in the wireless networking -- my guess is that the router (Linksys SRX200) is flaking out. I saw it reboot during one of the failed transfer attempts.

I got a USB 10/100 adapter from Fry's and replaced the TiVo wireless adapter on the bedroom TiVo. Transfers have been working fine ever since. So, that's my workaround for now.

Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Working...
                X