Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can upgrade series 1 (Sony SVR-2000) for networking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can upgrade series 1 (Sony SVR-2000) for networking?

I have a Sony SVR-2000 series 1 with a lifetime subscription. The original modem died, and now it appears a replacement external modem has died as well. Is there any upgrade kit or other means to enable me to use my network to download program data to this unit?

Nope - but replacement modems are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/modem.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

That's the same modem that apparently has died. Before I bought a second one, I thought I'd check to see if there was a better solution. Oh, well. Maybe you can help me figure out if this replacement modem is beyond hope. I bought it from Weakknees a couple years ago. For the last year, I've had to repeatedly cycle the modem on and off a few times before it could make a successful call. Now that isn't working either. Are there any other tricks to get it to work? After doing an on/off cycle, the first failure message says "service not answering", then after the next call it says "modem not responding", and will say this every time until I turn the modem off and on again. Any ideas?? Thanks...Jim

Comment

Frankly, our modems have performed pretty solidly.

Given that you've had two modems fail now (the internal and the external) then I think you might have too much voltage on your phone line, or it may be improperly grounded.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

OK, I'll see if the phone company can check into those possibilities before putting a third modem at risk. Thanks for the help, Michael!

Comment

If you haven't found one already, I just discovered a site that sells both Hard-wired, and Wireless network addin cards for the SVR-2000. Here's the link.

http://www.9thtee.com/tivo-sa1.htm

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X