wireless coax tivo alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless coax tivo alternative

Im upgrading my DirecTV to include tivo and HD. Cub tech says I need a 2d coax to the box and as my condo is 2 story, the standard install will necessitate a rather obvious snaking about the ceiling from the dish at the back of the condo to my box in the front room. Im wondering if their is a wireless or other alternative. If not, is their an such technology on the horizon. Finally any other alternatives that you might suggest.

There's no way we know of to send DTV signals wirelessly. But, first, do you mean DVR and HD or TiVo? For TiVo with HD and DirecTV, see this blog post:

http://www.wkblog.com/tivo/2008/11/d...rs-what-to-do/
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

thanks, Michael. I mean TiVo with HD. I read the link. If I understand it correctly, it is recommending to wait till later this year for 'new' DTV TiVo. It does not seem to address the wiring install issue.
      Re: no wireless DTV, other than cost of hardware, the DTV signal itself comes to the dish wirelessly, so shouldnt there be some means of distributing the signal via a router.
      Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

DIRECTV HD TiVos can use only one line and power two tuners with the single-wire multiswitch, see:

Single-Wire Multiswitch

We suspect the new HD TiVo will be SWM-compatible.

There is no wireless option. Period.

Comment

Ahhh. Thank you so much, Jeff.
          Perhaps the prudent action would be the installation of the DIRECTV SWM 5LNB Dish and postpone the DTV TiVo install. Or would you recommend a present DTV compatible DVR that is presently available. And again, thanks.

lb

Comment

Hard to say - for $199, you could get a non-TiVo DVR now and just move it to a secondary room when the TiVo is available.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X