Failed wireless G adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed wireless G adapter?

I use a series 2 networked wirelessly with a series 3 and an Xtreme N Gigabit D-link router. From day one the adapter (model AG0100) on the series 2 has needed rebooting every 10 days to 2 weeks. TiVo support blamed the dropped connections on my former Netgear router so I replaced it with the D-Link. Dropped connections seemed less frequent for a while but still were a nuisance. Finally the power cycle routine stopped working. The LED just left of the connector on the adapter blinks off and on and TiVo tells me a cable is unplugged. . . . I just checked the adapter to see if it was still doing the off and on signal and discovered that the LEDs were flickering normally on both adapters. The onscreen Settings, Network Connection window shows that I'm connected wirelessly via an excellent signal after a week of no signal. I had given up and switched to phone for updates.

What's going on here? Should I replace the adapter or go for Powerline? Since the series 3 connection also needs rebooting occasionally I'm a little leary of these TiVo wireless G adapters.

Thanks. Sorry about the long-winded message.

The wireless adapters don't have this problem typically, so you either have an adapter problem, a problem with your signal strength or a problem with your TiVo. It's impossible to know unless you try different things--I'd start with a new wifi or with powerlines.

Comment

Working...
    X