TiVo won't connect (wired) to Linksys Wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo won't connect (wired) to Linksys Wireless

Recently I started using a Linksys Wireless B Broadband router for my laptop and for some reason my TiVo can't keep a connection to the router. If I plug my Linksys wired router back in everything works fine with my TiVo. When I go to settings; network connection, it will show that I have an IP assigned, then after about 10 seconds it tells me that it can't connect to DHCP, then a few seconds later it shows a connection. This cycle repeats itself and it is frustrating. It doesn't even show up on the network, I am sure it must be a setting in the router but I don't know what to do.

Have you tried updating the router's firmware?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, unfortunately the latest update is 5 years old.

Comment

Then it probably can't do 100 Mbps, which is likely the problem.

Comment

My wired Linksys is just as old and has no problem when I connect my TiVo into it. Right now I have my wired connected to my wireless so that TiVo can be on my home network but that's as good as it gets. Linksys is of no help. From what you know, when I decide to finally look into a new wireless router, what should I look for to make sure TiVo will work with it?
          If you can think of anything else to get this one to work that would be great also.

Comment

I'm pretty sure any current model Linksys will do the trick.

It's possible that when you bought these, you could get either WiFi or 100Base-T but that getting both in one unit was prohibitively expensive.

Comment

Working...
            X