Bad Internal Modem ? Bought a External from Weaknees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Internal Modem ? Bought a External from Weaknees

Sony SR 2000 - Says failed: I called Sony Tivo, they determined it was the internal modem, $161 to look at it, so I got a external from you, was able to connect once, now same problem, I click off and on modem detection and dial, I changed call in numbers, does the preparing, housekeeping, dialing, connecting and then Failed: Unable to connect, I can hear it doing the sounds like it is trying to connect and then fails, What else could be wrong?
    I have 2 Tivo's, the other one is wireless, but this Sony is phone only, is there anyway to change to wireless or even wired, I have cable connection, no cable box.
    Last edited by DebO1952; 10-24-2009, 09:59 AM.

Try rebooting the TiVo.
    Also, just to confirm, you don't have a phone cord connected to your TiVo, right?

Comment

Yes I have rebooted many times and no the phone line is plugged into your external modem

Comment

Try slowing it down more with this dialing prefix:

,#396
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I did, it didn't work, It does the preparing, dialing, connecting and I hear it trying to connect, Failed: Service unavailable, I see the ph line lite, when dialing the green light on the Left is lite and the when connecting, the data light blinks slowly dimly occas and then disconnects with the above message, I know it is available because my other one that is wireless downloads everyday, I have tried all access numbers, even long distance number and I did the ,#319 - ,#349 - ,#396 so now what

Comment

Our next guess would be that it's a bad hard drive. We have replacements here:

http://www.weaknees.com/svr2.php

Or, you can choose our flat fee TiVo repair option here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff-repair.php
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X