instant cake questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• instant cake questions

do you have to go through guided set up after running instant cake to make new drive(s)?
    I don't have a phone line and my Sony SVR2000 will not make the guided set up initial call through the turbonet.
    I just don't wanna be stuck in guided setup after all this.
    What about instant cake TWP will it force my sony SA1 to make the guided setup call through the turbonet with it's networking and web app support?
    Craig

Sorry to say, that's just not a product we support or recommend.

We can format your drive here:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

But any Sony would need to dial in.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Ok, so these drives are ready to install and they'll boot right up with no guided setup?

Comment

No - no drives that we reformat will boot without Guided Setup.

Comment

I was afraid of that. I can't verify that the "new" box I have will call out through the modem. I tried it with the Drive that came in the tivo from Ebay and it wouldn't call out either. It says "service unavailable" and has no network prefix, I sent an e-mail to the seller about whether or not the modem was working or not when he sold it to me and I haven't recieved a reply. I can only (at this point) assume that the modem doesn't work. What are my options from here? I'm contemplateing sending both SVR2000's to you to figure out whats up with both of them since I'm hitting dead ends here. What can I do on my end to exhaust all my options before it gets to that point? I don't nessicerily believe my large HD's are dead (cuase they spun up when I connected both of them after my mistake) I just think they need to call out. I got boot screen, then the " allmost there just a few more minutes" screen, then green screen. About 5 mins of GSOD it re-booted and started the whole sequence over, and over before I finally pulled the plug. With an assumed bad modem how do I fix this? Is there a way to test my modem on my end first before I send it to you? I've heard about external modems. What's involved with them, how do they connect, What's the cost, and is this a viable option for me knowing that I can use my mothers land line to make a call with if I need to?
          In desparate need of help
          Craig

P.S. I'm not recieving instant E-mail notification on my subscribed theads as it is set up in my profile.

Comment

Hard to know without seeing the units, but if they won't get out of the green screen, there's a good chance that you have at least a bad hard drive in addition to a bad modem.

Probably your easiest way to get these going is to use our flat-fee repair option:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff-repair.php

Usually, for units as old as yours, this only makes sense if they have lifetime service.

Comment

Working...
            X