Series 2 downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 downloading

My series 2 80gb hard drive recently went and a week ago I purchased and installed a Upgrade Kit w/ 160gb hard drive. Since the inital download connection last week it has not completed a download. It gets to the Getting info (downloading) does that for 10 min then "Connection interrupted". I have a broadband internet connection, and I also tried to connect via phone line but again after Getting info (downloading) for 10 min get "Call interupted". What else can I try?

Have you tried just rebooting the unit?

After that, try a "clear and delete Guide Data."
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Tried rebooting by unpluging power cord and from the settings menu - didn't change anything.
      I didn't see a "clear and delete Guide Data" so i tried the guide setup. It looks like it connected & downloaded but it took a few tries before it completed

Comment

So now it works?

Comment

Nope still not working. I got the first download of the current days guide, but I am still getting the error messages when it tries to download the next 2 weeks

Comment

What are the last 3 digits/numbers of your software version, and what are the first three digits of your TiVo service number?

Comment

last 3# software -140
              first 3# TIVO service -240

Comment

There is no problem with the software. Are you using wireless or a hardwire to your router?

Comment

another issue I'm having now is that a few times after it is unable to complete the download and I hit "select" it freezes on the next screen "Connection Problem" after I make a selection either to "change phone settings" or "I'll fix this later" the selection is checked but screen is frozen I can page up/down to read the instructions but nothing else works except uplugging to reboot

Comment

hardwire to router

Comment

So was the upgrade kit an "add" kit or a "replace" kit?

Comment

It was a replace kit. I replaced a 80gb with a 160gb

I was finally able to complete a connecting to download the 2 week guide the day after redoing the guide setup since then TIVO has not completed another download. Same thing that happened the 1st time.

Comment

Sounds like we should get the drive back here for testing. Email us at [email protected] with your order number.

Comment

Hi I'm back. I sent the drive in to be tested & it came back OK. when I put it in & start up the Tivo it never gets pass the grey/black powering up screen and the picture is full of flickering lines I can just make out the words. any help would be great.

Comment

That does not sound like a drive problem; it sounds like a problem with your TiVo itself. Was that original 80gb drive working ok, or did you order this replacement drive kit because the TiVo was having problems?

Comment

Working...
                              X