Trying to go wireless...need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to go wireless...need advice

I don't even know where to start. So if I give too much or not enough info please let me know.
    My email is thru Earthlink, and I'm using a RCA Model DCM315 that is connected to TimeWarner. I'm thinking of adding wireless to this and hope to include my Humax box for updates and movie downloads. Assuming I have made sense to you, and this is possible, can you advise me what I need to purchase?
    Thanks for your help.
    Darlene

You need a TiVo G Wireless adapter for the TiVo.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. So I just get this and a linksys for the computer and that should be all I need?

Comment

One more question, a friend suggested I get one of these:
        If you just want something basic, this is what I use:
        http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WRT54GL

If you want something faster for sending video and such across your home network, I would do with this:
        http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WRT320N

Do you have any recommendations?
        Thanks again.

Comment

The N won't really help over the G since the TiVo can't communicate faster than the G.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

thanks again!

Comment

Trying for wireless with pioneer 810h

I have a pioneer 810h and a linksys wireless g adapter. I also have a wireless network in my home. The 810h will not recognize the linksys adapter. Is my only solution to buy the Tivo adapter?

Comment

Probably - some Linksys adapters work and some don't. The TiVo Wireless G is the easiest sure answer.
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
                X