Saving Series 2 programs and Series 3 transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Series 2 programs and Series 3 transfer

Please help clear up my confusion. I currently have a Series 2 Tivo and plan on purchasing a Tivo HD XL. If I want to save my current Series 2 programs then I need to purchase the Tivo brand wirelass network adapter...... download the Tivo Desktop software and save the programs to my computer. Once saved on my computer I can hook up the Tivo HD XL and the Tivo brand wireless adapter and send the saved programs back to my new Tivo HD XL. I currently use a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4GHz 54 Mps router. Is it as simple as this? tia

Basically, but you also have to purchase the TiVo Desktop Plus software, which is $25. You need that to send the shows back to the first TiVo.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      Basically, but you also have to purchase the TiVo Desktop Plus software, which is $25. You need that to send the shows back to the first TiVo.
      Thanks for the input Jeff. How do I determine how much HDD space I need on my computer for the saved Series 2 programs? Will the new Tivo HD XL accept the Series 2 programs in the same high qaulity format that they were recorded in?

Comment

No - the Series2 can't take shows as transfers that are in HD. But shows on the XL in standard definition can be transferred.

If you go into show info, it'll show you (in the extended info) how much hard drive space a show takes.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X