Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I record one show and watch another at the same time with Toshiba SD-H400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I record one show and watch another at the same time with Toshiba SD-H400?

Hi,
    I have a Toshiba SD-H400 and was wondering if I can somehow record one show and watch another at the same time? I use a rooftop antenna to get my channels since I do not have cable where I live. Analog is gone so they are all digital. I also have a LCD HD TV. Is their anyway to pull it off? Thanks.

The only way to do that is to use your TV's built-in tuner, if it has one, to watch one live station separate from the one the TiVo is recording.

Comment

Tuner

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I know if my tv has a built in Tuner?

Comment

Some HD TVs do, and some don't. If you have a coax input on the back, that's a likely sign that you do have an internal HD tuner. You can also cycle through your input choices and the names of those should give you an indication.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

My input choices are TV, AV 1, AV 2, S-video 1, S-video 2, Componet 1, Componet 2, VGA, and HDMI 1, HDMI 2. How would I have to hook up the Tivo to be able to watch one show and Record another at the same time? Thanks alot you guys for your help, this site is awesome!

Comment

This is on the TV, or on a receiver?
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Those are the input options on the TV.

Comment

TV could be a tuner, but you'd have to check your manual for more information as to whether your TV has a built-in tuner.

Comment

Working...
                X