Tivo Series 4 Premier and Apple App Remote Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Series 4 Premier and Apple App Remote Control

I know i.tv has a app that turns the iPhone into a Series 3 Tivo's into remote controls. Does anyone know of a similar app for the Series 4 Primier? I'm using a FIOS DVR as well and their iPhone app works great. I don't want to ditch my TIVO for a verizon box but the wireless control packages are really expensive. [the Tivo is in a media closet and connected to my home network].
    Thanks for any thoughts and help,
    Tal

I think that app is still compatible - have you tried it?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

i tried it, and the app replies that "Remote not connected to Device"

Comment

Did you enable network remote on the Premiere?

Comment

Michael thanks for your help. I did activate the remote network key on the tivo and still no joy. i.TV has not yet asked for the media access key which I think is the problem. I also do not see anywere to enter that information.

Comment

I really haven't used it in a while, but I don't see from their site that you even need that. It uses your web account - I think I was mistaking this for a different app that acted like a remote.

Comment

Originally posted by Tal Fried View Post
              Michael thanks for your help. I did activate the remote network key on the tivo and still no joy. i.TV has not yet asked for the media access key which I think is the problem. I also do not see anywere to enter that information.
              Tal, I forgot i.TV has a TiVo Remote app feature; I guess it's incompatible with Series 4 machines.

What DOES work is the DVR Remote app for the iPhone. It's a pretty full-featured remote, with the old automated keyboard entry (where the remote speeds through a navigation-type lettered entries, as opposed to the direct entry now possible via USB remotes/keyboards). It DOES work with Series 4 Premieres, and costs a nominal fee at the AppStore.

Comment

Working...
              X