panasonic hd and series 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panasonic hd and series 2

I have a Series 2 single tuner tivo that I'm hoping to connect to a panasonic hd tv. Right now it is hooked up to a comcast digital adaptor and an old tv. I do not have a Comcast box. I realize that the Tivo will not record in HD, which is fine, but I would like to watch the HD channels while the tivo is recording. Is this possible? Let me also say that I don't have the TV yet, so haven't seen the ports, etc. I have also searched the forum and haven't seemed to find the answer, although I am not sure I would recognize it if I did see it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I picture it is that I will have put a splitter on the cable coming from the wall and leave the digital adaptor between the cable and the Tivo, then connect the Tivo to one of the input ports?? Then, to watch HD programming, I'll have to run the cable from the other side of the splitter to another port, and watch on another input line.

Thank you in advance for your help, and patience. I'm not really savvy when it comes to all this technical stuff.

That's basically right - on the leg of the splitter that doesn't have the TiVo, you'll likely need a digital HD cable box from the cable company.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X