Series 2 Wireless not working after PSU swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 Wireless not working after PSU swap

I sent in my Series 2 a while back because it was having issues, when I received it back the paperwork said the PSU was replaced. Now when I try to re-setup the TiVo I cannot get the wireless to work. The light on the adapter does light up when it is plugged into the USB but the TiVo does not recogize it is there. I have tested the wireless adapter on another TiVo, also a series 2 and it works fine. It is a TiVo branded G adapter. The Wireless was working fine before I sent it in, I also tried to redo the Initial Setup using a phone-line to get the initial data and it still isn't working. Any Idea what could cause this?

Pretty strange - never seen that before.

Is there a wifi adapter on the other TiVo that you can try on this one?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Pretty strange - never seen that before.

Is there a wifi adapter on the other TiVo that you can try on this one?
      yup, I tried it and it doesn't work either. I even put this wifi adapter on the other TiVo and it worked just fine.

Comment

Both units are the same model? Both adapters are TiVo brand?

Comment

Both units are the same model? Both adapters are TiVo brand?
          I dont have the exact model numbers with me, but the broken TiVo is an original series 2 and the working one is a dual tuner series 2. Both adapters are TiVo brand "g" adapters.

Comment

OK - I'm running out of thoughts, but when you switched them, did you switch the USB cables also, or just the adapter?

Comment

OK - I'm running out of thoughts, but when you switched them, did you switch the USB cables also, or just the adapter?
              I switched cables also. I should have stated this before, I work in IT so I tried all the troubleshooting steps I would have with a PC. The difference here is I dont have control over the software or the hardware.

The only things I can think of is the MB became damaged, or somehow the new PSU isn't powering the USB ports completely.

Comment

Definitely strange. If it's within 90 days of our repair, it's under warranty, so we can figure it out here. Just email us - [email protected].

Comment

Working...
                X