Tivo Series 2 and Linksys USB200M ver 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Series 2 and Linksys USB200M ver 2.1

I've had a series 2 working with a Linksys USB200M ver2.1 for many years.

It suddenly stopped seeing the adapter. When I plug it in, the lights come on for a second and then go off. The Tivo doesn't even recognize something is plugged in.

I didn't know if this was the adapter or the Tivo, so here's what I did:

Got an old Netgear MA101 wireless adapter and plugged it in. The Tivo saw this and could connect to the network, no problem.

Tried the Linksys adapter on a PC, and the PC can see it and it is fully functional.

So, at this point, it seems the Tivo USB ports are working fine and the adapter is working fine, but they won't work together.

I got another Linksys (same model) and tried that with the same results - lights flash, then go out and Tivo sees nothing attached.

I am wondering if this might be some sort of software corruption/glitch that hosed the drivers for the Linksys on the Tivo.

Has anyone seen something like this before? and if so, how can you fix it?

Never seen that before, and it's pretty strange. Could it be the USB cable itself?

Otherwise, I guess you should just keep using the Netgear adapter and let it be.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Not the cable. I tried directly plugging it in to the Tivo and still get the same issue. The Netgear works with the cable too.

The only problem with the Netgear is that it's 802.11B and slows down the wireless network.

I tried another USB to ethernet adapter (Trendnet TU2-ETC100 version 3), but it is not recognized as well. It seems that most, if not all, of the supported USB to ethernet adapters use the same chipset, and therefore the same software driver on the Tivo.

I guess I could try to find a Tivo Wireless G adapter for cheap.

Comment

Yeah - we've got some refurbs for $35 if you want one.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X