Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premiere XL connects to Tivo, but no OS updates and no Program Guide information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere XL connects to Tivo, but no OS updates and no Program Guide information

I have a Tivo Series 4 with Product Lifetime service. I have a CableCard from Comcast, and I get programming, both pay channels and free fare. I have a Weaknees drive upgrade installed, with 317 hours capacity on HD.

I successfully connect to Tivo daily. However, I cannot get OS updates, and do not get program information unless I repeat Guided Setup.

I have tried doing a clear and delete everything, but the problem still exists.

I need to find a way to get updates, and hopefully avoid another Comcat tech visit to re-initialize the cable card.

Can you either post or email ([email protected]) your order number, and the full model number of your TiVo, and your OS version from your System Information screen?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Details

I don't have the weaknees order number. I purchased the drive on Ebay. The description given says it was purchased from Weaknees in fall 2010 for the tivo premiere XL.

My model number is TCD746320. The software version from the system information screen is 14.6-01-3-748.

Please don't construe this as a ploy for a replacement drive. I am hoping there is still a way to fix this without an overhaul. If I have the wrong drive or it needs to be replaced, I am all for making it right.

Comment

OK - that's the problem. You're using a drive formatted for a TiVo Premiere XL model number TCD748000 in a TiVo Premiere model number TCD746320.

This commonly results in the exact behavior you've described: inability to update guide data.

We can reformat the drive if you'd like. Pricing and ordering info for that is here:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

Comment

OK now this makes sense.

I will send the drive in for reformatting.

If I pay the extra 35.00 for a settings copy, will I be able to avoid my cable provider coming back out for the cablecard setup?

Once I have your answer I will place the order.

Comment

Nope - we can't do a settings copy. We aren't doing a copy, but a reformat.

Comment

Working...
            X