Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will TiVo Bolt network with my series 2 TiVos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will TiVo Bolt network with my series 2 TiVos?

Hi Weeknees team.
    Looking at upgrading one of my TiVo's to the TiVo Bolt you have on sale. Just want to double check. Will the new Bolt be able to network with my old series 2 TiVos, so I can still transfer recording for my living room to BR?

Thanks

No - probably not. I believe these can only transfer with Series5 and newer.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Can I use the TiVo app on my smart TV to stream shows from the Bolt to other rooms?

Comment

I don't actually know of a TiVo app on smart TVs. Can you provide me a link?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by mt_tucker View Post
          Will the new Bolt be able to network with my old series 2 TiVos, so I can still transfer recording for my living room to BR?
          The answer is maybe... as only the Series 2 D is supported and only for SD (not HD) recordings -- and only if the BOLT is running the older TE3 user interface (sw vers. 20.*), as the newer TE4 UI only allows transfers initiated through TiVo Online, which doesn't support transfer for Series 2 boxes.

See here: TiVO FAQ: How to Use Multi-Room Viewing
          Multi-Room Viewing lets you transfer programs from one TiVo DVR to another. Multi-Room Viewing is available on these TiVo Experience 3 (20.X.) devices:
          * TiVo BOLT Series
          * TiVo Series2 D
          TiVo Series2 DVRs can transfer Standard Definition (SD) recordings to and from any other TiVo DVR with Multi-Room Viewing. They cannot transfer High Definition (HD) recordings.

Notably, the EDGE series isn't listed as supporting MRV ... because EDGE DVRs can only run the newer TE4 UI. Similarly, the BOLT OTA wouldn't allow any direct transfers via MRV, because it, too, only supports the newer TE4 UI.

Comment

p.s. An alternative solution would be to upgrade to whatever model BOLT works for you ... plus a new Mini, to replace the Series 2.

Comment

Working...
            X