Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stream without Cable? Connect to Wifi/Internet!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stream without Cable? Connect to Wifi/Internet!!??

I want to cut CABLE, but I want to STREAM... are there ANY TiVos that do this?

The descriptions all seem to say ANTENNA or CABLE (or DirecTV-type Satellite) -- I want to connect to the INTERNET, NOT a provider... is there one that will do that? Because it seems totally logical and like it should be really simple -- if ROKU can do it, why can't Tivo??? Or CAN Tivo???

I've always used my Tivos, Roamios, Bolts, Minis with Cable or Satellite, and my SERIES 1 with DIAL UP... lol

I have a Starlink Satellite for Internet/Wifi only, and do have a nice Antenna I can hook up.

Is there ANY Tivo that will connect to my Starlink WITHOUT a Cable Card, so I can get to Prime to WATCH their STREAM, (and their paid-streaming channels like Showtime, yada, blah). I don't have to record --- and then I can connect to the Antenna to record whatever shows happen to come in.

Can someone PLEASE tell me definitively and for SURE if this exists, and which Tivo Box, or if I have to keep paying RANSOM to the worst company ON.THE.PLANET. (At least until the only person in the house who is still USING the POS Comcast passes to the netherworld.)

Sure - a TiVo can stream without antenna or cable from several streaming providers like Amazon, Netflix and Hulu. But why would you bother getting a TiVo for that instead of a Roku?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have 2 Tivos and am being held hostage by Spectrum. They CLAIM they can’t change my package or lower the pricing because they’ve moved away from cable cards and digital tuners and any changes will delete my package for good. I don’t believe them but they just raised my monthly price by $20.

How can I keep the ability to record shows on Tivo but get rid of the Spectrum TV service? What service provides OTA and streaming stations (FOR A FAIR PRICE) where I don’t need a cable card or box but can record shows?

Comment

No one service provides OTA - that would be all of your local stations independently. And that's all free, and no CableCard needed.

Comment

Yes, I know OTA stations are free but my Tivos are for cable, not an antenna. Can you completely answer my question above? I’m looking for a solution, not a bit here and there.

Comment

OK - TiVos for cable cannot be used for OTA. But some models can do both.

I can't answer your question as asked frankly. I don't know of such a service.

Comment

Yes, I know Tivos for cable cannot be used with an antenna. The older ones could do both but Tivo put an end to that. I don’t want to put an antenna on my Tivo. I want to get ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS and FOX through my Tivo along with streaming channels and want to be able to record programs. I don’t care how these channels come to my Tivo I just don’t want Spectrum anymore. Otherwise, cutting the cord means the demise of Tivo. What about SlingTV or YouTubeTV?

Comment

TiVos do not work with SlingTV or YouTubeTV.

And for the streaming content they do work with (Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc) please be aware that they don't record it - they just stream it.

Comment

Working...
                X