No internet connection after upgrading router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No internet connection after upgrading router

Equipment: Tivo Bolt Vox repaired by Weaknees Aug 2022 with added external hard drive

Problem: Yesterday, when we tried to use our Tivo to access a movie on Amazon Prime, we got an error message saying there was no internet connection. We can still access our recordings, and watch live programs through the Tivo.

Background: Our video comes via Cable, but our internet comes via a different company’s fiberoptic service and modem.
    About a week ago, we installed a new EERO mesh router to replace our ancient Apple Airport router. The EERO has WPA3 security, but claims to be backward compatible. We haven't figured out how to address out issue with the EERO and Tivo but now have our other electronics accessing the network. Using the Tivo Menu, I found network settings
    1. The network name shows up but is modified with additional letters and slashes but that doesn't connect to the Tivo.
    2. Tried adding the correct network name, but there’s no allowance on the Tivo network screen for WPA3.
    Q. Is there a Tivo upgrade of some sort to allow for WPA3 ?

I can't remember for sure, but I don't think TiVo Bolts can do WPA3. Your router should be able to allow WPA and WPA2 if you change the settings though.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Problem solved with the aid of another call to EERO router help line. We think the problem was that I had an apostrophe in the name of the network. Had not been a problem previously when using the same name. Between time spent on doctor appointments and dealing with the vagaries of our technology, it's a good thing we are retired !

Comment

Excellent find! Glad to hear you got the problem resolved. Thanks for posting back.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by GrannaSuz View Post
          Problem solved with the aid of another call to EERO router help line. We think the problem was that I had an apostrophe in the name of the network. Had not been a problem previously when how to take phentermine using the same name. Between time spent on doctor appointments and dealing with the vagaries of our technology, it's a good thing we are retired !
          This is very good to know that your issue is resolved!
          Last edited by HateStar; 07-22-2023, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X