Series 1 stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 1 stuck

I have a Philips series 1 lifetime. I also have u-verse for a few years and they both have been playing nice to each other for the most part. For the last 3 or 4 days though the daily call will not go through even if I try and force it. It comes up call interrupted. (I'm the only one home) I do have a dsl filter on the line. Today I decided to redo guided setup and what a mistake this was! All the test calls go through with no problem. However on program call it goes to downloading then download failed call interrupted. Which again noone is on the phone. I did test the phone line and its fine. Like I said all test calls go through no problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I've been at this over 6 hours and am ready to pull my hair out. I don't know if this is something I can fix or send it somewhere.

Thanks!

Try slowing down the modem with this dialing prefix:

,#096

and see if it'll connect.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. I am so technically challenged! Do you mean where I would enter my area code? The reason I'm asking is because here in CT we have to use out area code for every call. Also how do you get a , to go in? And this is while I am stuck in guided set up, right? (I can't get out of it)

Comment

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I'm still getting the same error code. Could it be a malfuntion of something inside?

Comment

It could be a bad modem or an issue with your phone service. You might consider a replacement modem, found here:

http://www.weaknees.com/modem.php

The modems in Series1 Tivos fail frequently.

Comment

Thank you I just ordered one along with the cables. Hopefully I will be able to install it and it will work!

Comment

Any problems, post back here, or email us at [email protected].
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
              X