Humax TiVO series 2 not updating program info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humax TiVO series 2 not updating program info

I have a Humax series 2 with burner and 80 hours capacity. Until recently I was able to have my phone line automatically update programming info. I've contacted TiVo and they say it's the unit and want me to try using the USB and network the unit. Humax thinks it's a software issue and thus tivo's responsibility.

I'm able to have a successful phone test but when I try to do a forced update it doesn't connect.

Any suggestions? Kickstart the unit? Try an adapter? Go back and yell at TiVo?

Do you get an error when you force an update? If so, what is it?

Comment

No error messages. It says last attempt no connection. Last success is when I attempted it last.

Comment

When you force a call and you watch on screen (dialing...getting account status...downloading....done). Do you see "Done" all the way down without any errors?

Comment

Absolutely. Done after each step. No errors but when I go back to check it lists no contact. When I test the phone line it lists the connection status as successful.

Comment

Not a test call. You need to force a connection to the TiVo service to get guide data. You might also try repeating guided setup.

Comment

I am forcing a connection which has been unsuccessful. I ran a test call and that is working. I have not tried to run another guided set up but I have restarted the TiVo. I didn't know if a kickstart on the TiVo was needed.

Comment

So when you say it was unsuccessful, did it produce an error this time?
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Guided set up worked. I really appreciate your help with this. Humax and TiVo were less than helpful.

Comment

Working...
                  X