Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW updates

Hi

I believe a phone line needs to be connected to complete SW updates, right? My TiVO hasn't had a phone connection in a few years and it's SW is at 3.5c (Sat-T60). I have had it connected to a phone line for more than a week and it is making daily calls but it still has the old SW.

Is there a way to force an update? I believe it should be at 6.4 or something like that so I am way out of date.

Thanks
    Jim

For that model, 3.5d is the latest, and yes, it needs a phone line, or we can reformat it here:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the info! I was told by DirecTV technical service that it needed to be 6.4 and that's why I cannot get my local channel lineup. Obviously, that info was bogus. Sounded bogus when they said it.

The reason I am even into this is that all the local channels that used to provide CBS, NBC, FOX, etc now all say "Channel not available". It happened after we had a power outage and the Sat T60 rebooted. When I called DTV they said they could "re-enable" them and then to reboot it and I would be all set - not. Second call was all about phone line and SW version - so I hooked it up and called many times and it's been connected ever since to no avail.

They still can't turn these channels on and it's been almost a week. They said they would "replace" my Sony with some unknown legacy machine free of charge - maybe not even TiVo, but who wants that?

Any ideas as to what it could be? BTW - my HR10-250 shows all channels just fine. I'm stumped....

Thanks again!
      Jim

Comment

Could it be that the 3.5c software is causing this lack of local channels problem?

Would it be possible to get a Sat T60 backup image of 3.5d on CD ROM so I can try restoring that?

Thanks!
        Jim

Comment

6.4d is the needed OS for the Series2 units, so that's why the DTV guy was confused. But your unit definitely needs 3.5d.

We don't have CD-ROMs. Sorry. The drive would have to come here for formatting. But you can dig around for InstantCake which might do the trick.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X