Humax Series 2 Network problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humax Series 2 Network problems

I have an old Humax DRT400 Series 2 Tivo with a lifetime subscription. I recently switched my house to MagicJack for home phone service, but the Tivo will not update programming information over the VOIP line. I can connect and download updates and programming information through a land line at a friend's house, but this is incredibly inconvenient (My most recent update was today, 06/03/2012).

The Humax would not regognize my linksys wireless G adapter, so at the request of Tivo customer service, I purchased the Tivo wireless G adapter, but the box will not recognize this either. Humax blames the Tivo software & Tivo blames the Humax hardware. The wireless adapter does not light up when connected to the Tivo. It does, however, light up when connected to a PC. I have heard of sharing an ethernet internet connection through a USB directly to a computer, but I can not get it to work. Is this possible?

Is there some way to get the wireless adapter to work? If not, would a wired (USB to ethernet) adapter work & if so, which one is recomended?

USB-ethernet sounds like the best bet. We have a compatible adapter here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-networking-parts.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X