TiVo Premiere - Signal loss using coax splitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo Premiere - Signal loss using coax splitter

I have a TiVo Premiere and an older TiVo HD both connected to my system. The incoming Comcast signal is split using a Monster Cable coax splitter. Recently, through the process of getting Xfinity On Demand up and running I realized that the splitter was causing some major signal strength loss. The DVR diagnostics page was indicating a signal strength of 67 when using the splitter. As soon as I removed the splitter and connected the TiVo Premiere directly the signal strength increased to 90.

So my question is, is there a splitter out there that will allow me to use both TiVo's without the signal loss.

Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

I've never used a Monster coax splitter - I didn't even know they existed.

I'd just try a new splitter and see what you get. Maybe the Monster one is over-engineered. Try a simple one from Fry's or RadioShack and re-measure.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I installed a generic two way splitter that I had and it improved signal strength to around 87 on both TiVo's. Interesting why a supposedly passive splitter would decrease signal strength like that unless it was do to failure. Thanks,

Comment

Maybe the Monster one was just over-complicating the issue.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X