Tivo Premire & Dtv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Premire & Dtv

Hello, I hope someone can answer this, I have been looking and and don't see a post in regard to this..

I have a series 2 (but think it is dead, so sad) stuck on welcome screen as of 8/2, prior would work great then freeze then reboot... i have unplugged it from the power strip, unhooked all the wires, adapters, ect. still not working right, last call with tivo, they said to only leave the rca cables hooked up and try to get it to load..(gunna try after work)

BUT..

I am looking at the premier but have Directv, I was told before i couldn't hook the two together, well I was able to (also with a series 1).

I was told by Tivo I needed a cableCARD, which would decode my HD channels? ( dont have HD..) but when I spoke to Directv they said their box is already digital and I shouldn't have a problem? coax in from sat to box connect with RCA to TV?

has anyone done this, i mean it would sorta be like hooking it up with a digital antenna, right?

I do not have HD channels, nor a desire to get them, I don't want to switch service to my local cable company witch would result in a hike of $32/month. and I dont want to pay for a box I inturn cant use.

Please advise?

Nope - there really, truly is no way to get DIRECTV attached to a TiVo Premiere.

We can fix your old unit, or you can buy a replacement unit with lifetime from us here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-lifetime-service.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X