What does TIVO subscription provide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does TIVO subscription provide?

Having been away from Tivo since Series 1, I find that things have changed greatly.

I am installing two TIVO Priemiere systems with hard-wired Ethernet and know that I will be able to watch content (from Verizon) with a CableCard in each. I will be able to record on either, and play back from either. I also know that I will get lots of other Tivo "goodies" including the Tivo guide with Ethernet and my monthly or lifetime service subscriptions.

What I do not know, is exactly what I would lose if I did not have a subscription.
    1. From another post on the web, it seems as if I would not get the Tivo guide
    2. I obviously would not get the Tivo widgets
    3. Would I be able to play back content recorded on a different Tivo unit (assuming all are Tivo Premiere)?
    4. Is seems that I MIGHT be able to manually record content based on channel and time.
    5. What else could I or could I not do?

ALSO.... Will a Tivo Premiere share with earlier versions (i.e. use one unit to play back content recorded on another where only one is a Tivo Premiere)?

Do you need a Tivo Premiere to display in HD?

I ask because I have a couple of televisions in rarely used rooms and I am trying to decide if I should just use a set top box and forget trying to also show recorded content or if there are other options short of buying additional Tivo Premiere units along with the monthly (or lifetime) service agreements.

Thanks!

Without a subscription, you get zero.

Comment

Working...
    X