Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TiVo Desktop on PC-Win7 stopped transferring shows from Tivo HD-XL last week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo Desktop on PC-Win7 stopped transferring shows from Tivo HD-XL last week.

This combination has been working for over three years without any issues. The Tivo box can still see and transfer media on the PC. Tranfers from the Tivo to the PC vis Desktop show a status of Failed. When trying via a web browser (IE9) I get

"Bad Request
    session id missing".

I have the same issue from two different PCs both running current patches and dektop 2.8.3.

Has anyone seen this? Is it possibly related to the patches that went out last week from MS?

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Have you tried just rebooting all of the parts: TiVo, PC, and router?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Have you tried just rebooting all of the parts: TiVo, PC, and router?
      By the way. I went into a chat session with Tivo yesterday. They told me this is a KNOWN ISSUE and was supposed to be resolved yesterday. This was inresponse to my asking why they haven't renewed the security certificate on the Tivo devices.

My network traces show this is all due to a security certificate expiring on the 16th. Tivo support via chat told me ALL Tivo customers are having this same issue which would follow if it is an expired certificate.

Now, why wouldn't Weak Knees be aware of this as a global community issue?

Thank you for your time.

FYI -- Do a search on the Tivo support site for "known issue" for more info. Don't bother searching for failed transfers or the like as a normal customer would do.

My question to Tivo was/is "Why didn't this Known Issue get set out as a message to their customers?"

L Chladek

Comment

While we try to help on all things TiVo, since we can't sell or distribute this software, it really isn't our specialty. That's one reason we aren't aware of this 'known' issue.

The other is that very few people actually use the software, and it hasn't been substantially updated in years.

Many more people use the TiVo Stream to move content around:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-stream.php
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X