Sudden loss of 433 on 1 of 3 TiVos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden loss of 433 on 1 of 3 TiVos

TiVo Premier (weaKnees purchase 7/12). Channel 433 (Time Warner HGTV-HD) has suddenly begun displaying the message: "This channel is experiencing network difficulties. Contact your cable representative for more information." Once or twice a restart fixed the problem, but now does not do so. A tuning adapter reset also did not help. HGTV has three non-HD channels, all of which appear on the Premier. Channel 433 DOES come through on two TiVo HDs also attached to the same cable input, and this problem does not occur on any other channel on the Premier. It appears to be a problem on all four tuners in the Premier.

Any guesses at what the problem is, and, one hopes, a solution?

John

Pretty strange - my guess would be that the CableCARD in that unit is bad. I'd see if the cable company can come out and swap the card.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Just so you know that TiVo users can be dumb, and that the simplest solution may be it--according to the tech who came out and tested everything it turns out that the problem was a loose connection between the tuning adapter and the Tivo, which was causing momentary signal drops which bounced the channel off line (though he, too, thought it odd that it affected only one channel). It had not occurred to me to check the connections! D'oh!!

Comment

Huh. There's that old adage in electronics repair to just take everything apart and put it back together again and it'll work. Sounds like it's accurate in this case.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X