Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying new Tivo HD..if bought from Weaknees questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying new Tivo HD..if bought from Weaknees questions?

Hello, I'll make this quick. I've decided to enter the world of Tivo for the first time with the TiVo HD DVR (TCD652160). I've decided to either purchase it from Weakees or my local Circuit City. I'm not asking for a sales pitch and I'm leaning towards you guys but wanted a few clarifications on the Tivo HD's you sell.

First, I notice you specilize in replacing Tivo hardives. If I purchased a Tivo HD from you would it have a different hardrive than if I purchased it from a local store and if yours is different in what way is it better?

Secondly, if purchased from you would it be a refurbished Tivo or a new unopened, unmodified item?

Lastly, if purchased through you would my Tivo be tested for any hardrive problems, or other possible issues or be once again a new boxed item?

Thank you in advance,
    Jason

OK - since you're comparing us to Circuit City, I have to assume that you're talking about the 20 hour version. We also have larger versions, and the answers to these questions are different for those units.

Basically, for the 20 hour unit, ours is exactly the same as theirs: unopened, and brand new.

If you get an upgraded unit, it generally has a better quality hard drive (most have Seagate DB35 drives which are the best in the biz) and they've been tested for a few simple functions beyond that.

But stock boxes are unopened.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X