DVD Recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Recorder

I need to record some stuff off of my tivo and onto disc. But before i go out and buy a DVD recorder i guess i need to ask.. Does the DVD Record just plug into the Tivo and will it be simple to make menu's and all of that stuff.. Or should i go with something like RS-TX20 by toshiba with Tivo built in..

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/dvd/prod...?model=rs-tx20

The unit you've linked to can do pretty nice menus and save several shows from the TiVo side to the DVD side at once, and faster than real time. The problem is, Toshiba doesn't make them anymore. We have Humax DVD TiVos that are essentially identical except for the name on the faceplate.

If you use an off-the-shelf recorder, it's like using a VCR. You queue up the show on the TiVo, get the DVD recorder ready, and press Play on the TiVo and Record on the DVD at the same time. It works, but it's real-time, and no menus.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Rs-tx20

I was planning on buying one off Ebay.. but at the rate that tivo is really good for i may be better off buying a new one than one that will die within the year.. I have never heard of Humax so i tend to stay away from companies without an established name because the quality is unknown.. You say the functionality is identical tho?? There is nothing the RS-TX20 can do that this Humax one can't?

I want nice DVDs with menus and all that jazz.. So yeah I am gonna have to go Tivo.. But in your professional opinion.?? The Humax takes the cake?

Comment

The one thing the Toshiba has that the Humax doesn't is a free, limited version of the TiVo subscription. Otherwise, besides the graphic on the front of the machine and the logo on screen, they are identical.

We think the Humax is an excellent machine. They are a behind-the-scenes manufacturer for lots of DirecTV equipment, and many other set top boxes.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X