Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR10-250: DVD Recorder won't record?

Hello,
    First time here, so take it easy on me! I recently upgraded my old Hughes directv tivo unit to the newer HR10-250 (but not newest HR20...wanted to stay with Tivo!). Anyway, it's been hooked up for about 3 months now, and I just noticed something in the last two weeks. I went to record some dvd's from my Tivo, and couldn't do it. Upon further examination, I think it is because the new receiver doesn't have the cable out to tv....only component, rca, s-video, and hdmi (which my tv does not have ) Also, it was set up before through the recorder and on the video input of the tv (meaning the recorder HAD to be turned on and tuned to "watch live tv" for the satellite receiver to work). Now, it is hooked up through the component cables to receive high-def, but the recorder is hooked up through the rca lines. I can watch dvd's on it when I set the input on the tv to video, but I can't record off the tivo, because the tv must be set to component to view the recorded programs, and the recorder is not recognizing them. There is only one set of component jacks on each of the receiver and recorder (two on tv), so I'm not sure if I can even use the component cables or if I have to go back to using rca cables just to be able to record off of tivo (therefore losing serious quality from HD). Does anyone know of ANY WAY I can set this up to work, other than the obvious RCA option?
    I'm sorry if this sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but I've tried to explain it as best I can. Thanks for being patient, and for any possible suggestions you may have!

I think the problem is actually a format issue. Likely, your DVD player can only read 480i. Is your HR10 set to 480i?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      I think the problem is actually a format issue. Likely, your DVD player can only read 480i. Is your HR10 set to 480i?
      I don't think that is the problem. The receiver is set to 1080i, but I changed it to 480i and ran setup on the dvd player and still nothing. I think I need to go back to the RCA cables to make it work....ugggh!

Comment

Well, if it's not an HD DVD recorder, it definitely won't work in 1080i, and the HR10 won't output over component if HDMI is connected.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X