Another HR10-250 Rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another HR10-250 Rebooting

Last June I purchased a weaKnees TwinBreeze kit for my HR10-250 and a pair of Seagate 750GB DB35 drives. All has been working great until the Colts/Patriots game last Sunday. The HR10-250 rebooted 4 times during the game (3 of the 4 times it was when the same commercial came on). After the game I watched an episode of Dexter that I had recorded. I made it about 15 minutes into the recording and got another reboot.

Any idea where I start looking for the problem? I realize the most likely cause is one of the HDs going bad, but how do I determine which one? The drives have a 5 year warranty, but I doubt both could be failing at the same time and I have to determine which one is bad to get an RMA replacement. Does weaKnees offer a diagnostic/repair service on drives that weren't installed by them? Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

What version of the software is your TiVo running? You might be interested in reading our TiVo Blog on the subject.

Comment

The software version is 6.3d-01-2-357. It says it was last successfully updated on 11/5 at 3:30AM. That's one day after the day I had all the reboots. Maybe the update fixed things? I haven't watched it much since 11/4, so I don't know for sure. BTW, the system info also said the temperature was 34C (normal). Thanks for the blog link; I'll check it out.

Comment

After reading the blog, maybe nothing is seriously wrong. I am running version 6.3d software and the Colts/Patriots game was on CBS. I guess that doesn't explain why it rebooted again 15 minutes into a recorded Dexter episode. If the info screen says that there was a successful service data download on 11/5, does that mean a later software version has been downloaded but I need to plug in the phone line to get it to install? I have no phone outlet anywhere near the HR10, but I'm sure I could rig something up.

Comment

A reboot during a non-CBS show is definitely consistent with this problem. It's just more likely to happen during CBS shows.

As far as the phone line, that's right, you need a connection to seal the deal on the OS upgrade. Maybe you can just move the TiVo temporarily? You don't need SAT inputs connected during the phone call.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I talked to tivo and they told me they are having a ton of problems with the new software and that a fix is on the way(yeah right)

Comment

Well, we certainly hope so.
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
              X