color streaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color streaks

I have a TCD240080 that I put a couple of WD 160 drives in a couple of years ago. It has been working perfectly until this afternoon when it started having intermittent streaks of color flash on the screen at random times. Mostly yellows and blues but no set colors. Streaks will sometimes flash in a band across the screen from one side to the other or just affect the area within the bounds of an object or a person. It happens at any time when the video is going through the Tivo even when using "live TV". I did reboot to see if that might help and noticed that when it is in the monochrome mode it did not do that. I'm guessing that when it is in that mode it is getting all its' video from a program on some E-prom or the like and no hard drive interaction. I'm further guessing that the menus and such are via software loaded on the hard drive. I think it is a hard drive problem. Your thoughts? I saved the original drive so a drive swap would be pretty simple.

Barry

Have you tried different outputs on the TiVo and/or changing video cables...just to rule out the easy answer?

Comment

color streaks

I turned the TiVo off last night and just turned it back on a while ago. No streaks at the present. Possibly a component heating up. If it starts the streaking again (positive outlook), I'll try the cables. Just in case it might be a motherboard component heating up, can you fix motherboards?

Barry

Comment

We can fix some motherboard problems, but not likely that.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X