Retiring my Sony SVR-2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retiring my Sony SVR-2000

Now that I have 2 Series 3 boxes, once I've finished watching the recorded programs, I'll probably put my SVR-2000 on a shelf, or maybe use it for an occasional manual recording since service has run out, and I'll have no program info in the next 2 weeks.

My questions are:

I have a 140 hour upgrade on the SVR-2000 (purchased from WK). Can I remove it and install it in a friend's 40 or 80 hour Series 2 box, either as a replacement or additional drive?

Does the SVR-2000 have any value, like on eBay or is it pretty much not worth the cost of shipping it somewhere? The internal modem is dead and I have been connecting using an old external US Robotics 19.2 modem, which would be included to anyone who bought it. But the lifetime service has been moved to my Series 3, and that is where the real value would have been.

I've probably answered my own question, except the one about moving the expansion drive to a Series 2. If it can be done without additional programming, would use as a second drive require a fan? If replacing the existing drive, would this be a plug and play type deal that would pick up any needed software on connection to TiVo?

Thanks,

James

You can't move the drive without having it reprogrammed.

If you'd like us to do the reprogramming, see our TiVo hard drive programming page

You might try selling the SVR2000 on eBay; I don't know what the market is, though.

Comment

Easier to get him to buy his own upgrade, or I can just give him the whole shebang and he can sign up for Multi Service Agrt.

Comment

Working...
      X